Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy
Georgetown University (J.D., 1975)
New York University (B.A., cum laude, 1972)
Harvey Sender’s practice is focused on complex bankruptcy and bankruptcy litigation, and he has more than 35 years of experience with Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 13 and trustee issues. He has represented numerous debtors in possession in Chapter 11 cases, as well as major creditors and unsecured creditors’ committees in bankruptcy issues and complex commercial litigation. Harvey is committed to solving his clients’ problems as cost-effectively as possible, and is known for his practical, common sense approach.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Best Lawyers in America (2016, 2018)
- Colorado Super Lawyers (2006-2008, 2010-2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rated
- Represented numerous debtors in mining and exploration chapter 11 proceedings and obtained confirmed plans of reorganization.
- Represented unsecured creditor committees in various midsized cases.
- Appointed as a trustee in many Ponzi scheme cases seeking to recover losses in excess of $200 million.
- Appointed as a receiver in a proceeding commenced by the State Securities Commission arising out of a Ponzi scheme.
- Represented debtors in many small and midsized businesses, including retail chains, hotels and construction companies.
- Represented the largest concrete pumping company in the country in its successful reorganization.
- Appointed and served as a Region 19 Panel Trustee since 1984 for chapter 7 and chapter 11 cases.
- Appointed as a chapter 11 trustee for several operating companies and successfully concluded sales for the companies as going concerns.
- Represented chapter 7 trustees in hundreds of avoidance actions under sections 547 and 548 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented debtors and creditors in discharge litigation.
- Represented secured and unsecured creditors in chapter 11 and chapter 7 proceedings.
- New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. Supreme Court
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Colorado Bar Association
- Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section
- Commercial Law League of American
- Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights Subsections
- Denver Bar Association
- Availability of Legal Services Committee
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Bankruptcy Trustee
- New Mexico State Bar Association